Senior Molecular Biologist Vacancy
We are looking to recruit a dynamic and adaptable microbial molecular biologist to join our highly experienced and friendly team of research scientists for an initial period of 12 months to cover maternity leave. The successful candidate will apply Prokarium’s suite of advanced genetic technologies to develop novel recombinant vaccines. We are working with leading companies and universities on disease targets including Peptoclostridium difficile and Chlamydia trachomatis. The successful candidate will initially work on a new vaccine programme for the human rhinovirus: the main cause of the common cold, which leads to exacerbations of asthma and COPD. He or she will also work on future vaccine development programmes targeting other important bacterial and viral pathogens.
The required experience and qualifications are:
- A Ph.D. in microbiology, molecular genetics or immunology.
- Significant experience and skill in gene cloning, recombinant protein expression and immunological assays.
- A good knowledge of immunology.
- A proven ability to plan experiments and work independently in an academic or industrial research environment.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A publication record in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Willingness to travel to visit collaborators around the UK and globally.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Prokarium is located in the beautifully landscaped grounds of Keele Science Park, Staffordshire. Applicants should state the above reference number and send a full C.V. and cover letter (including current salary details) by e-mail to: Mrs Marie Cusworth, HR Administrator, Stephenson Building, Keele, Staffordshire, ST5 5SP (email@example.com). The closing date is 24th June 2016.